Clubs Can Make Families Stronger
Learn how your family can benefit from the programs and activities offered at a Boys & Girls Club
|The Club is an important community center not only for you, but also your parent(s) or guardian(s). Through Family PLUS (Parents Leading, Uniting, Serving), your family members can receive free parent education, job assistance, financial education and referrals to community resources.
Five Family PLUS components:
- Kinship Care – Provides knowledge and resources to extended-family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, foster parents, etc.) who are primary caregivers!
- Father Involvement – Clubs provide support through programs, activities, training and services to increase the fathers' involvement in the lives of their children.
- Economic Opportunity – Helps families find and keep jobs, increase earnings, build savings and establish credit.
- Outreach Strategies – Enables Clubs to recruit and retain the involvement of new populations of diverse parents and caregivers often underserved in Clubs.
- Family Advocacy Network (FAN) Club – Program of support for parents and caregivers of Club members participating in SMART Moves.
Learn more at familyplus.bgca.org.