The votes are in and the winner has been chosen! Congrats to Syretha S., our 'M4' contest winner!
And the Winner Is…
Congratulations to our new Money Matters Music Mogul, Syretha S., of Boys & Girls Clubs of Las Vegas! Syretha’s song, Time is Money, won her the fan favorite and she now is the official winner of the Money Matters Music Mogul contest, sponsored by Boys & Girls Clubs of America and Charles Schwab Foundation.
For her first place finish in the contest, Syretha traveled to Atlanta for the once-in-a-lifetime experience to have her song professionally recorded and a music video produced by hip hop super producer Kevin “Khao” Cates.
When she first heard about the contest, Syretha was thrilled to write about something that had potential to make a difference. “To have this experience is great, and I’m so shocked that it’s me who won! I want to make things better for others and if I can do that through this contest, that’s all that really matters.”
Thanks to everyone who entered the Money Matters Music Mogul contest and for all the teens that helped us rock the vote. A big congratulations to Syretha and the top five finalists. All top five winners will receive a $500 Money Matters Music Mogul Scholarship!
Check out the top five finalists' songs in the player below!
- Time is Money; Syretha S., 16; BGCs of Las Vegas; Lied Memorial Unit
- I Got It; Ken'nente L., 13; BGC of Greater Milwaukee; Augusta M. LaVarnway Unit
- Put It In The Bank; David K., 16; Jamie S., 17; BGC of Pawtucket; Alfred Elson, Jr. Branch
- Money, Power, Respect; Noah G., 16; Markeist J., 17; BGCs of Broward County; Lester H. White Unit
- Nickels & Dimes; William W., 18; BGCs of Cleveland; Mt. Pleasant Club