Find out which Club member created the top song in the Money Matters Music Mogul contest
Congratulations to our new Money Matters Music Mogul Blake M. of Boys & Girls Clubs of Indianapolis! Blake’s song “Money All That Matters” was the fan favorite on myclubmylife, with more than 100,000 votes, and is the official 2013 winner of the “Money Matters Music Mogul” contest. The contest was sponsored by Boys & Girls Clubs of America and Charles Schwab Foundation.
As the first place winner, Blake got to come to Atlanta -- the flight was his first time on an airplane -- to have his song professionally recorded by hip-hop super producer Kevin “Khao” Cates. He also got to make a music video, which was filmed at a local Club in Atlanta.
Blake has always had a passion for music and “enjoyed every minute” of the Money Matters program. By entering the M4 contest, he got to combine his two interests to create an amazing song that includes lots of practical financial tips.
Thanks to everyone who entered the Money Matters Music Mogul contest and for all the teens that helped us rock the vote. Congratulations again to Blake and also to the other Top 5 finalists!
• "Money All That Matters," Blake M., 15; BGCs of Indianapolis; Keenan-Stahl Unit
• "All About My Money," Christopher E., 15, and Erik Bouck, 15; BGC of Sarasota; Lee Wetherington Unit
• "Dream Big, Save Your Money," David K., 17, and Marlin D., 16; BGC of Pawtucket
• "I Need It, I Get It," Markia H., 13, and Benton T., 13; BGC of Metro Atlanta, G.W. Carver Unit
• "One Dream One Shot," James H., 16, and Brandon H., 15; BGC Indianapolis, Wheeler-Dowe Unit
More M4 Beats!
Want to hear more M4 beats, and give back to Club teens? Who wouldn't? A hip hop album featuring both last year’s and this year’s winning songs as well as several other M4 finalists’ songs from teens around the country has also been produced by KHAO. The album, called “M4: Money Matters Music Mogul$,” is available for digital download at http://bgca.org/m4. All sales proceeds will benefit the Boys & Girls Club teens featured on the album, going to a special college scholarship fund. A limited number of CDs are also available. Check it out today!